Friday, December 30, 2011

Gone Fishin'

We spent the few days before New Year's at my parents' place, having some relaxing fun. Adam and Heather joined us for the weekend festivities, and Heather and I sang a duet in church on Sunday. But before they arrived we spent some time over at my grandparents' ranch so the kids could get some fishing in.

We checked in at the house first, and I left Lincoln in good hands.

Then we headed over to the pond.


It took them a while, but eventually both kids got the hang of casting all by themselves. I was just praying that Mason wouldn't get a fish hook stuck in his forehead again. In fact, I was thinking Chad was going to rig Mason's line to make him think he had a hook, so we could avoid the risk altogether.


But then...

Yep. He caught that crappie (pronounced "croppy" for those of us who don't know any better) all by himself, start to finish. There were only two fish caught that day, and the three-year-old and his Cars fishing pole got one of them. I'm pretty sure I was the most excited of everyone. Chad said I was yelling, "He caught a fish! He caught a fish!" over and over. Well, what can I say? It was a proud moment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...