Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fantastic Fondant!

Tuesday night I help put on a baby shower for a woman in our ward who is having twins after a long trial with infertility. I wanted to make a special cake to go with our theme "Two Peas in a Pod." I love the look of cakes decorated with fondant, but I don't usually like the taste. So, with the help of You Tube, and some tips I got from web recipes, I made an adorable cake with fondant decorations. It did take a while, but was so worth the effort. And best of all, it actually tasted delicious. I'm not one to make cakes from scratch, so I just bumped up the cake mix with pudding mix and an extra egg. And you can't go wrong with buttercream frosting! The shower was a big success with a great turnout. Congrats Michelle!

4 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

Meg, this is fabulous! You never cease to amaze me.

And I am so happy to hear about your friend and her new babies... and happy that I only ended up with one.

Great job!!

Melissa said...

This is so cute! And good job on finishing the trailer. Have fun camping this weekend!

Tina said...

That cake is ADORABLE!!! I love it. It looks perfect!

Frances Wallace said...

Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...