Friday, October 23, 2009

Chad's Kitchen Skills


When we were first married, Chad's skills in the kitchen matched, and often exceeded, my own. I wasn't good for much more than heating up a store-bought frozen meal, or perhaps boiling pasta when we were in the mood for something "home-made." We lived on frozen chimichangas, hot pockets, and corn dogs. Then we got the George Foreman indoor grill, and we added hamburgers and hot dogs to our repertoire. Well, I've always loved baking, and as limited as my skills were, I could usually outbake Chad. But not when it came to Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies. The trick to this recipe has eluded me, but not Chad. He has mastered the art of chocolate chip cookie baking, and he will often whip up a batch when we're in the mood for something sweet, when we want to take treats to friends, or when I need cheering up. He pretends to be embarrassed that word of his skills are getting around; he says the other husbands will hate him for raising their wives' expectations. I say, they could take a little lesson from Chad here!

3 comments:

Frances Wallace said...

That's my boy! I'm so proud of him. He picked the perfect bride too.

He must have inherited that talent from me because Daddy has NEVER baked anything! Brothers, Jimmy and Michael, are good cooks too.

The Wallace Family said...

At the family reunion we should have a chocolate chip cookie bake - off... I'd be happy to judge :) Mike and Tucker make the best choc. chip cookies!!!!

Jaime Lynne said...

Now if you can just get him to stop playing WOW... he could be the perfect husband! :)

On another note: http://www.willcoxrangenews.com/articles/2009/10/21/news/news07.txt

BASTARDS! (Excuse my language. You can delete this post if I have offended you.) How dare they mess with our cave!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...