Friday, December 14, 2007

Fromage Soiree

AKA: Cheese Party
One of my good friends Amy suggested the idea of getting together to try different types of cheeses that we wouldn't otherwise buy on our own--after all, who wants to buy a block of Gouda for $8.00, and then not like it? So my friend Joanna (being an avid party-thrower) and I (being the cheese-lover that I am) latched onto the idea, and our Fromage Soiree was born. We had Havarti (regular and Jalapeno), Mild Cheddar Fondue, Pepperjack, Creamy Swiss, Smoked Gouda, Brie, Chipotle Cheddar, and this mushroom flavored cheese that I can't remember the name of. It was a lot of fun, and the cheeses were delicious! (okay, so I didn't like Brie, and the Chipotle Cheddar was a little strong for me, but everything else was good!) I especially like the creamy spreadable Swiss--much better than the 'real' stuff with the holes in it! And Havarti was delicious too. And of course, the cheese fondue is always a favorite of mine! We plan on repeating the event--any time women get together to sample food equals a good time in my book.





1 comment:

Jaime Lynne said...

I love the title of the party... that cracks me up! Did Chad help you with the interpretation!? :) Looks like a lot of fun. Great closeups of the goodies, too. Can't wait to see how you scrap this event.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...