Friday, December 21, 2007

Football widows have nothing on me...


I am a gamer widow. I have been for sometime, but am now officially putting a label on it. According to Wikepedia, "A Gamer Widow is a term for those who have a relationship with a Gamer (one who plays video games, be it on a console or on the computer) who pays more attention to the game than to their partner." Sound pathetic? You have no idea. Not only am I a gamer widow, but I am widowed to a World of Warcraft player-- a 'massively multiplayer online role-playing game' (MMORPG), which is the worst kind. Chad will spend hours trying to "level-up" or complete an "instance" with his online buddies, from which there is no pausing or stopping until the mission is completed. I have recently joined an online support group, WoW (World of Warcraft) Widow, hoping to find some advice and answers. I can't keep living like this!

2 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

This would be hilarious if it wasn't happening to you, my dearest friend.

Please, Chad! Seek help now. :)

Love you and LOVE that you're bloggin!

Jaime Lynne said...

Hey, and I added a most important experience to my year-in-review under scrapbooking Can't believe I didn't remember it sooner. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...