Monday, May 14, 2012

My Day

Chad never buys me flowers. Mostly because I used to tell him not to. But he realizes that I've changed over the years, and have become a person who loves flowers, inside the house and out. And the flowers that he and the kids brought me on Saturday were a lovely surprise.


Then Chad made Sunday, Mother's Day, my day. Starting with delicious omelets for breakfast. And he had helped the kids make a beautiful card with all the old scrapbooking stuff I never use anymore.



Then I opened my gifts. Some DVDs, and two huge bars of chocolate, which I instantly knew were for chocolate fondue. I've been eating healthy and depriving myself of my usual indulgences lately, so this was a significant treat. That afternoon, we dipped strawberries, pineapple, pretzels, and graham crackers into a delicious mix of milk and dark chocolate. I was delightfully stuffed.



For lunch, Chad served bacon-wrapped filet mignon with sauteed peas and green beans. He washed all the dishes, and kept the kids entertained the whole day so I could relax and do whatever I wanted.


My Day was awesome.

3 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

My feelings about getting flowers have changed too, but Mike hasn't caught on... yet ;) Looks like you had a great Mother's Day. LOVE the new family pics!

Frances Wallace said...

I'm very proud of my son!

Jaime Lynne said...

What a great day. Chad usually does a great job with holidays. What a guy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...