Thursday, May 10, 2012

Girl Time

Mason has been vacationing in Washington with my mom, and I had promised Bree some fun-filled girl time while he was away.

We started the week off by going to the movies, just the two of us. Bree got all dressed up, then picked out what she wanted me to wear. I spoiled her with her own bag of popcorn, a pink lemonade, and some chocolate-covered pretzels. We watched The Pirates, a British claymation comedy. The jokes mostly went over her head, but she still really enjoyed it.


 Then what would girl time be without facials and manicures?


I caved and bought a new inflatable pool for our front yard, and we had some friends over to "swim."


And then came my favorite part of the week: the tea party. I very recently acquired an adorable antique tea set from The White Porch, which is a cute little shop in the basement of the downtown arts center (I called it my Mother's Day gift when Chad shook his head at me after I brought it home). We invited Bree's friend Brookie and her mom, who had never been to a tea party before. I made up some little tea sandwiches and mini cupcakes to go with our Mandarin Orange Spice herbal tea (next time I'll make sure to have hot chocolate on hand for the kids, who were not big fans of actually drinking the tea). It was a ridiculous amount of fun. I don't know why I get so geeked out about tea parties. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I'm obsessed with period novels and films and anything Jane-Austen related.


We rounded out our week with shopping trips, including treats at checkout, a Happy Meal, a couple trips to the park, and library time. At one point during the week, Bree said to me, "Let's go somewhere special!" I told her, "I hate to break it to you, but there really aren't many 'special' places in Globe." But even though there isn't much along the lines of special-just-for-kids in our town, I think we did a pretty good job of making our own special this week. And we sure had fun.

2 comments:

Tavia said...

You look fabulous, Meg! So skinny! I love The White Porch, it's my favorite place to stop in Globe. Such an adorable store. What a fun week you girls had! Lovely ladies. :)

Jaime Lynne said...

This post makes me really excited about having a little. And you must take me to The White Porch next time I come to town.

Also, you look amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...