Saturday, May 12, 2012

#2

Goal #2: Sing in a recital.

Last night was the recital for the Copper Valley Academy of Music, of which I have been a student for the past couple of semesters. The theme was "America Sings," and the students all sang songs from our nation's history, starting with a Native American chant, all the way to "America the Beautiful." I am Becky's only adult student, and I was also the only soloist of the evening. I sang an African American spiritual called "All My Trials," which is about relying on faith to get through life's trials. I don't have a photo, because I had given my camera to Chad, who took one picture of me singing (which looked scary beyond all reason), then said he couldn't get it to work anymore. But my parents had come, and my mom was able to video-record my song. We'll see if I'm brave enough to post it.

1 comment:

Jaime Lynne said...

Yes! You're rocking your list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...