Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Butterfly Cupcakes

The other day my awesome friend brought a few gifts over: a cute Old McDonald's Farm blanket, a book with moveable velcro cars and trucks, and a special edition cupcake magazine.  Bree saw the blanket by Lincoln's crib, and Mason playing with the book, and asked me with a pout, "What did Sister Simmons bring for me Mama?"  I cleverly handed her the magazine and said, "Look at this!  You get to pick your favorite cupcake out of this magazine, and we'll make them together!"  She pored over the pages until she reached these butterfly cupcakes, and was immediately sold.  Luckily, I always seem to have a dozen or more cupcakes in my freezer, left over from a cupcake order where I overestimated batter needs.  So I pulled out some chocolate chip cupcakes, and we got to work.  I knew those candy melts I've been hoarding would come in handy at some point.  And those squeeze bottles made especially for melting candy in the microwave--awesome.  They helped keep the melted candy mess to a minimum as we filled in our pretzel "wings".  Very simple, and pretty darn cute.

2 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Yumm!!!!! Those look so good :) I'm sold on them too!

Taysom

Frances Wallace said...

DELICIOUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...