Tuesday, June 4, 2013

In Quotes

Right now Lincoln is napping, Bree and Mason are playing Legos together, and I am not breaking the "no electricity use between 3 and 6pm" rule (we're on a new energy-saving plan) because I'm using my laptop, and it's not plugged in. I did the dishes earlier, so I'm rewarding myself with some "me" time. I just finished reading another book, and am loving the quiet. It's flippin' hot outside, so laying on my bed under the ceiling fan is my favorite afternoon activity.

Anyway, to continue the randomness of this post, I'm sharing this little conversation that Mason had with Chad's dad last week:

Jim: "I know sign language." (sticks out his tongue and waggles his open hands on either side of his head)
Mason: "Well, this means 'loser.'" (makes an "L" on his forehead)

I also recently finished reading Wonder, by R. J. Palacio, a touching book about a boy who is physically different. It really resonated with me, and I found a couple new favorite quotes:

"...it's not all random, if it really was all random, the universe would abandon us completely. and the universe doesn't. it takes care of its most fragile creations in ways we can't see. like with parents who adore you blindly. and a big sister who feels guilty for being human over you. and a little gravelly-voiced kid whose friends have left him over you...maybe it is a lottery, but the universe makes it all even out in the end."

"...if you act just a little kinder than is necessary, someone else, somewhere, someday, may recognize in you, in every single one of you, the face of God."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...