I'm a little behind...

I've been catching up on old posts, so make sure you scroll down.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Ornaments

Bree has been begging me to help her make ornaments for out tree. I couldn't find any decent craft supplies in the house, so I introduced Bree to the art of stringing popcorn.


It's quite an exciting concept when you think about it: take a needle and long thread and string up a long strand of food. Mason had to get in on the action too, because after all, when else have I ever let him handle my sewing needles?


We sat down on the couch, turned on The Santa Clause 2, and got busy. I just popped some kernels in a paper lunch sack in the microwave--no butter or salt makes for better garland. Bree made an impressive popcorn string that ended up being about four feet long. Mason made it to about a foot and gave up. I made enough to fill in the rest of the spaces on the tree, which wasn't difficult because I only needed garland for the top half (edible decorations would have quickly disappeared in Lincoln's mouth). I think it turned out adorable. It was that little extra something our tree needed.

3 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

I think the strings of popcorn add the perfect touches to an already gorgeous tree.

The Wallace Family said...

That is beautiful! Good job Bree and Mason :)

Frances Wallace said...

Great memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...