Wednesday, March 28, 2012

#4

Goal #4: Set up irrigation to my peach tree, pear tree, and blackberry bush.


No, it's not pretty, nor professional. But, um, did you notice the beautiful landscaping? Yeah, so the ugly tubing fits right in. Besides, the important thing is that the plants will get water, and hopefully I'll be enjoying lots of fruit this summer. Last year the pear tree had three tiny pears that never got big enough to eat. And the blackberry bushes grew, but the tiny berries fried in the summer heat because they really don't do well without regular watering. But I did harvest one perfect, juicy, insanely sweet peach. So this year I'm hoping to get a couple handfuls of berries, some pears that are actually edible, and I fully expect a bumper crop of delicious peaches. Because the tree, though still small, is covered in these little babies:

3 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

I'm super jealous of your peach tree. Hope you get more than just one delicious peach this year.

Jaime Lynne said...

And the title of your post made me think for a VERY short moment that perhaps you were making an announcement. :)

Frances Wallace said...

You could make the whole back yard an orchid of wonderful fruits.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...