Saturday, July 31, 2010

Spicy

Back in April, I bought nine jalapeno starts for $3.00.  This summer we've been picking them like crazy, eating some with our burritos, giving some away, but mostly they've been accumulating in our refrigerator drawer.  Today Chad helped me can six jars of jalapeno pepper rings (I let him do the slicing...he doesn't have contacts, and doesn't need to stick his fingers in his eyes).  I loved working with him in the kitchen, teaching him the ins and outs of canning.  He was really pleased with how easy it was, and told me how proud he is of my gardening skills.  And he asked what else we're growing in the garden that we could add to our pantry of food storage.  I don't know why, but this makes me very happy.

4 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

I am impressed and I am proud of Chad for being so excited about your abilities in the garden and the canning kitchen. If you have any extra jalapenos, don't send them our way, though. :)

elise said...

i'm super impressed! i had my first foray into home-canning this summer... let's just say, i don't think of it as easy :) though that might be because i was canning peaches, and they weren't cooperating as well as one could hope :) i have a new appreciation for everyone that does home canning... have fun with your jalapenos!

Frances Wallace said...

You have a sweet marriage. Keep up the good work!

natalieandderyk said...

They look so yummy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...