- I can play country and/or chick music and sing loudly without anyone complaining.
- I don't have to clean up Mason's vomit because he got carsick on the twisty mountain roads.
- It's kind of difficult to read directions and drive at the same time, and heaven help me if there's a road closure and I have to find an alternate route.
- I can stop at a visitors center or two without needing a "How will the kids handle it?" discussion.
- There's no one to hear my pleased reaction to the beautiful scenery.
- I can't stop and let Chad drive when the torrential rain and standing water elicits post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms.
- I can stop for ice cream without Chad asking me if it's really necessary.
Monday, July 26, 2010
Road-tripping by myself
I have recently made several observations about driving long distances on my own.