Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Looking back.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
Remodeled and camped in my own camping trailer
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and do you intend to make any for 2010?
I never make measurable resolutions at New Year's. I do, however, make concrete goals during the year, and I think I did pretty well with those.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Me, Jaime, Mackenzie.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not really, unless you count my parent's dog.
5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
Fruit trees and berry bushes. A day to play in the snow.
7. What dates will be etched into your memory from 2009 and why?
December 1st: Riley's birth date.
8. What is your biggest achievement of the year?
Natural childbirth. Hands down.
9. What is your biggest failure?
Asking to be released from a calling. Sort of felt like failure.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Nothing major; just the routine gastroenteritis and sinusitis.
11. What is the best thing you bought?
LCD TV and computer tower for the living room. And the Suburban and trailer are pretty cool (although we technically didn't buy the trailer).
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Chad's. I can be pretty difficult to live with while pregnant.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled or depressed?
Politicians and celebrities.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Cooking and trying new recipes. Gardening. Watching my kids experience the world.
16. What songs will remind you of 2009 and why?
"Oh Danny Boy." First song I learned in voice lessons.
17. Compared to last year...
a. happier or sadder? Happier. New babies bring happiness with them.
b. thinner or fatter? Gained 40 pounds this year. Only 7 lbs 2 oz of that didn't belong to me.
c. richer or poorer? Chad got a raise. Don't know if we're actually "richer" though.
18. What do you wish you had done more of?
Helping my kids learn. Poor things.
19. What do you wish you had done less of?
Watching TV.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With family at our house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes. He's small, chubby, and has blue eyes and his father's chin.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Had the most fun watching the Bachelorette, but that was because of Jaime, not the actual show.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate at this time last year?
Hatred takes too much energy.
24. What is the best book you read?
Jane Eyre.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
A great voice teacher right here in Globe.
26. What did you want and get?
A healthy baby boy.
27. What did you want and not get?
An annual visit to Disneyland.
28. What was your favorite film this year?
Up.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 28. Didn't do much on my birthday, but had my first massage the day after.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A landscaped yard.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
Maternity.
32. What kept you sane?
Chad. And chocolate.
33. What celebrity did you fancy the most?
I fancy Ryan Reynolds (of The Proposal and X-Men Origins: Wolverine). And his abs.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Not much into politics. Mostly because if I were, I would be "stirred" to distraction.
35. Who do you miss?
Jaime. Adam and Heather.
36. Who was the best person you met?
Mackenzie.
37. Valuable life lesson learned in 2009?
Don't try to have it all. Just try to have enough.
38. What is the one thing you said this year that you never thought you'd say?
"So help me!" Who says that? What does it even mean?
39. What was the one thing you heard that you never thought you would hear?
The state is considering laying off police officers.
40. What do you anticipate will be the biggest change in your life in 2010?
The crazy factor in my house will multiply exponentially. Bring it on.

1 comment:

Frances Wallace said...

These questions made me think about my year and set goals.

Good job, my sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...