Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Right Now

Right now I'm SO over:

Diapers, diapers, diapers. This particular variety is the cheap White Cloud brand found at Walmart, of which Mason wears a size 4. Mason will be turning 2 in a couple weeks. I do not expect potty training to happen any time soon based on his level of interest in the little potty in the bathroom. Changing a smelly diaper this large takes rubber gloves and a gas mask. And although Riley's diapers are so tiny and non-smelly thus far, the soiling frequency is enough to drive me crazy. Not to mention that we figure it costs us at least $2.00 a day to keep that little guy's tush dry.

"Mommy, can I have a snack?" I hear this once an hour. Do I not feed you enough? Is your stomach seriously that small?

Chad, when Riley is crying: "Do you think he needs to be changed? Does he need to be fed?" Gee, let me turn on my x-ray vision/ESP to look through the bedroom wall into the baby's diaper, and simultaneously read his mind to ascertain the reason behind the crying.

Laundry. I can no longer get by doing laundry once a week. And I hate to fold laundry. Wait, let me re-phrase that: I hate to fold little tiny clothing in massive quantities. What's the point? Bree is always changing her outfit, and the other two spill, spit up, or in some other way soil their clothes so frequently, that the hamper fills much too quickly for my liking.

Insurance companies. Ours is threatening to not pay for the kids' last Rabies shots, which are very expensive. Maybe they think preventing our kids from getting Rabies is optional...

Right now I'm into:


Princess Cake and Cookie flavoring. I have finally found how to make my cookies taste just like the ones I crave from Subway! This is it. I bought some online, at the advice of my chef-friend, and this flavoring truly does the trick. I just replaced half of the vanilla called for in my White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie recipe, and voila! I'm in love.







My new phone. I was never big into text messages in the past, but now for some reason I can't resist flipping out that cute little keyboard and sending someone a message. Plus, it's red. Gotta love cell phone companies and the way they hook you for two more years with a new phone.







Using the pressure cooker my parents got me for Christmas. Yesterday I cooked a lemon-herb chicken and potato dinner in 8 minutes. Gotta love that.





Exercising with the Wii Fit Plus. Chad and I have an ongoing competition to see who can maintain top score on the Hula Hoop challenge.

Preschool with Bree and her friend Calan. Here's a snippet from their conversation today as they traced their K's:
Calan: "Why do you always say we have to dance together?"
Bree: "Because you're the prince and I'm the princess."
Calan: "Well, I don't really like dancing."
Bree: "Well I do."
Calan: "I don't."

8 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

This is my favorite post of yours EVER. EVER! I am simultaneously cracking up over the last section and feeling jealous because of your cute little phone.

PLEASE do these more often. I love these little glimpses into your life since you are so far away.

And also, I love being on the receiving end of your texts. The Bachelor could not have started at a more perfect time... we can text thru this season together.

Jaime Lynne said...

One more thing... I have no idea how that pressure cooker works for anything besides canning. I have so many questions for you now.

I'll text you about it later. ;)

Jaime Lynne said...

Wait, Chad does the hula hoop event? Remember how he was such a baby here and wouldn't try it?!?! What happened?

And I'm done commenting now, I promise.

Rachel H. said...

oh that is rough. you are certainly in the trenches right now, as my sister likes to call it. Your day is spend feeding, napping, and changing diapers- over and over and in no particular order! Everytime I am home I think, this is a heck of a lot harder than being at work, no wonder some moms prefer to go to work! But then you wouldn't be there to hear them say "I love you mommy". hang in there, try not to drown in laundry!

Melissa said...

Hang in there Megan! I'm really impressed (and happy) that you are making cookies and doing other things besides surviving at this stage. I know at least the first couple of months of Abby's life were crazy (and that was with two, I can't imagine what three will be like)
I do remember when both the kids were in diapers and buying the cost of the diapers and wipes at Sam's each month was crazy!

I also LOVE Wii Fit Plus! Being able to string workouts together is great and all the games are so much fun. Little Man and I love to play.

Frances Wallace said...

You are and have done more than I ever could have done. You are amazing and so accomplished.

You are at one of the hard points in motherhood. I'm glad you're not washing out cloth diapers in the toilet and then having to wash, dry and fold them. That was really , really not fun.

Keep up the good work and I love your cell phone! FABULOUS!

Mr. Furious said...

That conversation of Bree and Calan sounds a lot like a conversation Heather and I have every once in awhile.

See Mack Snow said...

I like this post. Your whining reminded me of my occasional rants. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...