Monday, January 18, 2010

New Calling

Yesterday was my second Sunday as our ward's Primary Chorister. Oh boy; I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. So far it's been going well. I've been in the Primary for several months now, teaching the 5-year-old class, so I'm at least familiar with the ins and outs of what goes on during Singing time. The woman who was chorister before me had been in the calling for like four years, and she was great at it. Being up there was like second nature to her, and the kids always had fun. I hope I can make singing time as fun as she did!

This month the kids are learning the song "I Know that My Savior Loves Me," which is a beautiful song from the Friend magazine. They already knew the first verse before I got to them, so teaching them the second verse was a breeze, and they caught on right away. And they're practicing "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus" with the sign language for Sacrament meeting on January 31st. The kids are so sweet and eager to help me as I'm learning the ropes. And the other Primary leaders are super-helpful, especially when I'm busy up front and Riley wants to be held. I really love the Primary music, so I know I'm going to enjoy this new calling, even if I might feel overwhelmed for a while!

2 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

You have one of the greatest callings in the whole wide ward/world! :) Enjoy! You will be FANTASTIC!!!!

And we tried the Strip Steaks with Balsamic Cream Sauce. We thought it was OK but not something we will do again. I did like the flavor of the shallots but I am not a huge fan of balsamic vinegar and that seemed a little too strong to me. Our sauce looked nothing like the one in the photo... it was much darker.

What should we try next? I've got a Chicken adobo recipe I want to do this week and you make extra so you create a new recipe with the leftovers the following night. Let me know if you're interested and I'l'l send you the recipes.

Melissa said...

You are going to be a wonderful chorister! I'm sure the kids will love you. I am serving in the primary presidency right now and I love being in there with the kids every Sunday especially when they are singing.
Good luck and have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...