Friday, September 11, 2009

Today so far

This morning Chad took the Suburban to the MVD to get it registered and new plates put on. He also discovered that it's going to take even longer to get the camping trailer title in our name (a long process that has to do with it being abandoned and then my parents giving it to us...I don't really get it, but I know it's a pain). We are trying not to be too bummed because it looks like we might not be able to take it camping as planned the first weekend in October. But we're plodding forward with renovations anyway.

Chad and I started laying the new linoleum tile in the trailer this morning, with the kids inside watching a video and the baby monitor on as usual. Well, apparently the time got away from us, the kids' movie ended, and they got hungry and restless. I heard them in the front yard, and sure enough, when I looked out the trailer window there they were. In the dirty wading pool with its couple inches of rain water and scum. And Bree was stark naked. I took them inside for a bath, and saw one of the kitchen chairs pushed up to the counter, and the box of donuts we'd bought at the grocery store this morning open. There were two less than there had been when I'd gone outside. Bree finally fessed up to eating two donuts after I asked her a couple times (we're really working on the concept of telling the truth).

So, with the kids fed (we did have an actual lunch, not just donuts), down for a nap, and Chad getting ready for work, I went back out to finish the linoleum. It is so exciting to see that old, awful yellow and brown patterned linoleum disappearing! So that's one more step completed, and we're ready to lay the carpet. I am tired and achy, but happy. Even though Bree did eat one of the my favorite donuts (didn't she know she was supposed to eat the ones with sprinkles?).

2 comments:

Tina said...

Hey, I wouldn't mind a donut for lunch! :O) Can't wait to see pictures of the finished RV. Sorry the legal stuff is taking so long, but it will happen, and then you will be all set and ready to go! You must be getting pretty big by now! When are you due again?

emilybolles said...

Your kids are so funny! Just helping themselves... they are more capable than we think:0) So Tina makes a good point... some belly pictures would be fun to see!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...