Saturday, September 19, 2009

Keeping busy

My life seems to go in busy/lazy stages. Up until about a month ago, I was in a lazy stage, to the point where a week would go by and I'd have nothing to show for it except a house that had not become a complete disaster. The kids and I would stay home, we'd watch movies or read, and I'd lay on the couch until Chad came home for dinner, sometimes bringing the takeout home with him.

Well, I've recently gotten my act in gear. We've been working on the camping trailer; having a camping trip date as a goal really keeps us motivated. I've been trying to be more social, getting Cookie Day going again and trying to get the kids together with their friends to play every once in a while. I've been better at washing dishes and actually cooking meals, and I've been especially good at keeping us supplied with fresh baked goodies (I've already gained 30 "pregnancy" pounds!). I'm really enjoying my calling as Sunbeam/CTR 5 teacher, even though it's a challenge. And, after talking and wishing for years, I finally started voice lessons again yesterday! Globe has been without a decent voice teacher until now, so I'm taking advantage right now while I can, and I'm loving it. Tomorrow I'm singing a beautiful version of "I Need Thee Every Hour" with my friend Amy playing the cello obligato. I'm also busy helping plan this month's ward social (a talent show) and a baby shower for a sister in our ward (I'm making the cake, and I'll be trying my hand at fondant pea pods).

I expect that in about another month I'll get hugely pregnant, and will go through another lazy phase. So for now, I'm getting as much done while I still feel like it!

3 comments:

Frances Wallace said...

I'd love to hear you sing tomorrow.

Please give Bree and Mason a big hug from Grandma and Papa.

elise said...

i'm just like that too, busy and lazy stages... and i don't think you look that big yet, i still wouldn't want to be laying tile in a trailer in your condition, but no, you're definatly not huge, and i'm still regularly amazed with what random strangers will think (out loud), and yet it's still taboo to say anything if they think you're just fat :)

emilybolles said...

Lazy, I hope I get out of that stage soon. I am usually the workout queen. Lately I've been a blob... literally. I eat all day and only move when absolutely necessary. I wish I could hear your musical #. Way to go with the singing lessons that sounds like fun! I still wish you had a movie to post of you as Britany Spears on the Cruise!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...