Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Suburbanites

After months of perusing Craigslist for used Suburbans, Chad and I found and bought one today! (I don't have a picture of ours, but this one looks pretty much the same, except our running board is black). We've survived with only one vehicle for 3 years now, so we thought we deserved it. Plus, we'll be able to fit our whole family plus a few friends, and tow our camping trailer. We were smart shoppers, and held out for a vehicle with all our requirements: 3/4 ton, big engine, 4-wheel drive, tow package, cruise control, rear A/C, and mileage that didn't scare us too badly. Thank you to Arizona State Credit Union for making our tiny loan possible (it is ridiculous trying to borrow money nowadays!) and for being so friendly. We'll actually have a car payment for a little while, which is wierd, but I'm glad we did it after talking about it and looking for so long. It is kind of scary buying a 10-year-old used car. It does drive great, but I guess only time will tell if that lasts!

1 comment:

Rachel H. said...

Ah yes, you must be one of those evil conservatives that is willfully trying to destroy the world with your emissions. Ha! I say long live SUVs that can protect my family and carry all my geat! Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...