I'm a little behind...

I've been catching up on old posts, so make sure you scroll down.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm In Like

This morning I drove over an hour to the nearest theater with the only other die-hard Twilight fan I could find in Globe to see the 10:00am showing of Twilight. I've been planning on seeing this movie since pre-production stages, and I was pretty excited. I did not, however, let myself expect too much, because that inevitably leads to disappointment. And I didn't read the book right before seeing the movie, since I have discovered that this only causes annoyance when I notice the differences between novel and movie. So, I was all geared up to enjoy myself, but I had already decided that I wasn't a fan of Robert Pattison, who plays Edward (couldn't they have found someone hotter to play the part?). It was awesome to see the characters come to life. I truly was riveted the entire time, and it was over too quickly. Edward actually grew on me (except for some of his more "constipated" expressions, as my sis-in-law put it. He was going for intense but overshot), and I was pretty impressed with the acting of the other characters (I really liked Charlie and James). This particular kissing scene was hot but not inappropriately steamy. All in all, I can't actually say that I loved it, but I really really liked it. I'm looking forward to the sequels, and am trusting that they will get better as we go along.

4 comments:

Wallace Family said...

OKAY!!! Not fair!! I am so googoo over this photo you have posted. do you think Jim will let me put it on my wall by my side of the bed. OKAY!!! I need to grow up and show some controll. lol Edward is sooo growing on me.

Wallace Family said...

oh wait what about that jasper? oooo steamy lol

Tina and Dan said...

I too went in with low expectations and found that I really enjoyed the movie. I totally agree on the choice for Edward (yes, he did grow on me, but he still wasn't at all how I pictured Edward). Pretty much all the other characters I was very happy with. Did you know the James actor went to AHS? He was in Geoff's graduating class. I thought he looked a little familiar (I just thought I'd seen him in something else)

Jaime Lynne said...

Is it true that Edward has a hairy chest? I don't think I can get over that. Isn't a figure carved out of marble supposed to be smooth and regal?! Not reading the book right before you saw the movie was super smart.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...