Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Three days and counting

Okay, maybe I shouldn't say anything, or else I'll jinx it, but the big news at our house is that Bree is on her third day of dry underpants! Woohoo! I was beginning to lose hope, but decided to risk my carpets and upholstery by way of a diaper-free trial. Well, there were a few accidents, but nothing major for a few days. But I think she's finally gotten the picture, and I am so excited to only have one kid to diaper now. She seems like such a big girl now. Plus, those summer shorts that were getting too snug suddenly have more space thanks to a lack of tush-padding diapers! Money saved all around. Win-win-win! The only draw-back is that apparently I should have sprung for the silk underwear, because the cheapo-Fruit of the Loom cotton variety seem to be chafing her sensitive behind. Ok, maybe that was too much info. But every time I help her in the bathroom or rub thick lotion on her tush, she says, "Oh, my poor bum."

5 comments:

Frances Wallace said...

I remember potty training each of my children. It's such a wonderful process.
Good job, Bree! Good job, Mommy and Daddy!

emilybolles said...

congrats little one! what an accomplishment. I hope your mom is feeling better now and takes it easy every once in awhile!

Melissa said...

Yay Bree! It's so nice to not have to change those "big kid" diapers anymore!

Kellianne said...

Congrats mom! That is the best feeling! The kids are growing up so fast! I can't believe it. It sounds like you're doing well and keeping busy. I love reading about you 'n yours. You're great!

Jaime Lynne said...

This is very good indeed. Even though I am generally opposed to kid-potty announcements on blogs... you know me... I am happy to celebrate this with you because I love you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...