Yesterday Chad and I went to Mesa to get some stuff accomplished that has been long overdue. Here are the hilights:
- Home Depot-- a new kitchen sink, sink fixtures, a garbage disposal, patio stones for a new walkway next to our too-narrow drive, exterior trim, and a few other things.
- Super-helpful HD employee Mike, who answered all our plumbing questions!
- 12 months no payments/interest on our HD card.
- I love shopping at home improvement stores!
- Delicious/affordable lunch at Olive Garden (soup/salad/breadsticks for me, and never-ending pasta bowl for Chad).
- Our Lowe's experience; we had to go to two locations to find the countertop I was looking for.
- Chad hates shopping at home improvement stores.
- Our visit to the temple. I got to take family names that I found myself--a first for me, and very cool. Chad and I did baptisms and confirmations for 10 of Chad's male ancestors, and 15 of his female ancestors. I haven't done baptisms in like 10 years, so it was very awesome.
- Quiet couple time.
- My friend Julie, who watched our two kids from 10am to 7:15 for free! She said she really wanted to, and her kids love mine, so I jumped at the chance to get away. Thank you!!!