Saturday, September 20, 2008

Look at my pretty kitchen!


It's finally happened! After living in this house for 2 1/2 years, I finally have a new kitchen sink and countertop! The previous counter was yellowish with green and sparkly gold undertones; and it had a big chunk cut out of it so the dishwasher could slide under. Hideous. The sink was tiny, chipped, and had no garbage disposal (a fact that a friend of mine discovered after shoving a handful of zucchini peelings down my drain). Well, Monday my wish of over two years was granted--Chad and my dad took out the old, and put in the new. Chad and I put the finishing touches on Tuesday, (thank you sweetheart for all that time you spent cramped under that sink!) and voila! I love my kitchen! I thought I had taken better “before” pics, but this shows you what it looked like when we bought the house. Thank goodness for a handy husband (his skills are endless: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, you name it!) and super-helpful parents, who not only came to help Monday, but took the kids home to stay this week. Chad and I got a lot done around the house, and have REALLY enjoyed our alone time! Thanks Mom and Dad!

5 comments:

Frances Wallace said...

It looks amazing! You have worked so hard. I wish Daddy and I were there to see it in person. What's the next project?

The Wallace Family said...

It feels awesome doesn't it!? Everything looks beautiful. I love the floors too!

Anonymous said...

YAAAYYYY!!!! It's beauteeeeful!

Tina said...

It looks great! I can see all the amazing changes you've done! You guys are awesome!

Jaime Lynne said...

This looks fantastic. Your house is really taking on your personality. The previous owners would be insanely jealous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...