Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Easter this year has been so much fun. Yesterday we met with a bunch of our friends and their kids to have an egg-hunt/picnic at a nearby park (parks may be few in Globe, but this is one nobody knows about, so we had it all to ourselves!). My friend Amy and I went early to hide candy-filled eggs. Bree had fun finding them (she was singing the 'Clean-Up' song as she gathered eggs), but got bored after finding five. Eventually she discovered the candy inside, and her pretty white shirt was soon smeared with melted chocolate (March 22nd was a very warm day!).

We enjoyed hot dogs compliments of Chad's BBQ skills, potato salad, fruit salad, brownies, etc.--yumm. There was actually quite a large crowd--25 people including the babies. I think everyone had fun, and Chad actually surprised me today by saying how much he appreciates my "party planning" skills. He may grumble during the preparation stages, but he always has fun in the end.

This morning Bree woke to find her Easter Basket filled with candy ("can-cane") and a few small toys. I based my selection of her Easter candy on mess-potential. A chocolate bunny rated way too high on the messy scale, but luckily I found chocolate bunny 'suckers.' Anyone who knows Bree knows she is a sucker for a sucker. (I call the expression in this photo her 'Popeye' face) She devoured one this morning with virtually no mess! This is something a mother can truly appreciate, as she didn't need an additional bath before church. Right now Bree is really into "pretty dresses" so she loved wearing the Easter dress my mom got for her. She's even getting better at letting me do her hair, since she loves looking at her pretty reflection in the mirror. Mason slept through most of the festivities, but he looked cute in his new outfit too. I just can't believe how big their both getting--it seems so recently that Bree was a tiny baby on Easter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...