Yesterday our Cookie Group met like we do every Wednesday. This week I ventured out with a new recipe in an attempt to recreate the taste of the Chocolate Melting Cake on the cruise Chad and I went on. It turned out delectably delicious! And I have to say, aside from the weekly dose of sugar and/or chocolate, I am loving the weekly dose of girlfriend time. Whatever else is or isn't going on in my life in a given week, I can always look forward to Wednesday and some much-needed girl talk and cookies.
Here's the EASY recipe (courtesy of Recipezaar):
Chocolate Lava Cake
8 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Spray the bottom and sides of 15 4-oz ramekins (or 8 10-oz ramekins, like we did).
3. In double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter (or gradually in the microwave, checking every 30 sec).
4. Whisk until thoroughly melted.
5. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar and flour until just blended. Gradually whisk the chocolate into the egg mixture until combined.
6. Evenly divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet for 10-12 minutes (or 15-18 for larger ramekins) until the tops are firm and the edges are set. (The centers might look slightly soft) Remove from oven.
7. Let cool a minute, then run a knife around the edges to loosen and turn out onto plates. Serve immediately with ice cream.