Wednesday, December 31, 2014

20 of My 32 Things: Not Bad

I didn't give up on the idea of accomplishing my 32 Things list in 2014, but I didn't let it depress me when it became obvious that I wasn't going to make it. And 2015 is a new year.
 
Completed:
  • Go hiking with the family (San Tan Mountain Regional Park) 
  • Go camping with the family (in Payson; Lincoln got a wicked burn on his hand) 
  • Family vacation to Washington state  
  • Go on a date with Chad to somewhere new (Olive Mill for wood-fired pizza al fresco)  
  • Volunteer in Mason's kindergarten class 
  • Organize a play-date just for Lincoln (Owen came over for "swimming" in the blow-up pool) 
  • Donate blood  (I actually attempted 3 times, but was rejected twice: once for a high pulse, and once because I was on antibiotics)
  • Read the Book of Mormon  
  • Update the RS email directory (back when I was still the ward RS secretary)
  • Know all the sisters in my ward by name (I came pretty darn close, though there are still some I've never seen) 
  • Display family photos in the house (the beloved collage-frame has since been broken by a toy thrown off the balcony)
  • Plant something (herbs in pots on the kitchen window sill totally count) 
  • Make a chalkboard message wall in the kitchen (done, though I still need to patch the nail holes)
  • Decorate with a thrift store find (I found a cute fake herb-looking plant at a yard sale. I painted the pot yellow, and it looks cute on my kitchen island)
  • Furnish the loft with more light (Chad and his dad installed a ceiling fan and light, both of which were sorely needed)
  • Make bread pudding like the kind served at Famous Dave's
  • Make a tablecloth for the kitchen table (I totally made one, but have never used it, because I used a thick, cheap vinyl that I can't get the wrinkles out of)
  • Sew or refashion an article of clothing (I have altered several cheap men's t-shirts from Walmart to have a more feminine fit and neckline)
  • Read a biography (Mary Poppins, She Wrote: The Life of P.L. Travers. It was terrible.)
  • Take pictures every day for one week (easily accomplished during our vacation to Washington)
Not Completed:
  • Redecorate Bree's Barbie house with her (the plain white one she got from Santa two years ago)
  • Make a Family Home Evening assignment board (so I'm not the only one giving the lessons) 
  • Go to the temple at least 8 times (I've been twice so far...and almost made it two more times.)
  • Repair my living room curtains
  • Reupholster the couch in the loft (one of its arms used to be just threadbare...now there are chunks of foam missing)
  • Can butter    
  • Do 20 real pushups with good form 
  • Stay at or under my goal weight for a month
  • Read 52 books
  • Read War and Peace (I only got about a fifth of the way through...I think I might give up on this one) 
  • Publish my 2012 blog book (barely started) 
  • Scan and digitize my bin of old photos

Goal Categories: (at least I didn't completely neglect any categories)
Wife/Mother
Spirituality/Service
Homemaker
Individual
Blogger/Historian

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...