Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Soccer!

Bree has never shown much interest in sports. She's always replied "No" when we ask if she'd like to play soccer, basketball, or tee-ball. But that all changed a few weeks ago when our family headed to the track (Chad to run, me to push the stroller around, and the kids to play on the field). We had brought along a few toys, including a soccer ball. Bree spent quite a lot of time kicking the ball around the field by herself. She ran and ran, breathing hard, and with a big smile on her face. As we headed home, she announced, "I'm good at soccer!" So this time when we asked if she wanted to play on a soccer team, she replied, "Yeah!"

The first soccer practice was a little chaotic--our family was at the doctor's office waiting for Mason to get a splint for his probably-broken wrist. I had to leave Chad and the boys there while I took Bree to the soccer fields (our second vehicle was in the shop). The fields were hectic, and I was lucky to find Bree's team, since I couldn't even remember her coach's name. I left her there to warm up with the other kids, and headed back to the doctor's office to pick up the rest of the family. By the time I got back, found Bree's team, took Mason to the bathroom and back, practice was over. It was getting really windy and threatening to rain. So I didn't really get to see Bree practice much, but she said she had a lot of fun.

The second practice was much better. The weather was gorgeous and cool, and Bree worked on some core skills.
Like dribbling






And heading




She also has very adoring fans



Her team even won its first game, which was not nearly as painful to watch as I had anticipated.

We are so proud of Bree, her hard work, and her great attitude on the field. Go Blue Sharks!

2 comments:

Frances Wallace said...

Oh my goodness, Bree is AWESOME! I'm so proud of her.

Having her family all there cheering her on is terrific.

The Wallace Family said...

Those are some adorable fans! Great picture - love the action shot of Bree kicking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...