Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Wicked Fun Weekend

Saturday I finally had the chance to see Wicked after hearing so much hype about it. I LOVED it! The music, acting, set, everything was awesome. I've been walking around with the songs in my head ever since (of course, if that really bothered me, I'd stop listening to the soundtrack every time I got in the car). It's been 9 years since the last time I saw a Broadway show, and that is such a shame. Sure, they're pricey, and the ASU Gammage theater isn't exactly close, but I'm determined to get there more often. Chad and I are eyeing the Phantom of the Opera tickets that go on sale for this November. You can't go through life without seeing Phantom once, right?

The rest of our weekend has been pretty eventful as weekends go. Sunday I got asked to join the ward activities committee, which Chad has made me swear will not make me crazy with stress. I told him that I've just about mastered the art of saying "no" when I need to (I didn't mention to him, however, that the Bishop asked me to spearhead next year's "Cultural Event"--which is as yet undetermined but will be something like this year's "10 Virgins" performance).

Yesterday we had Joanna and Tyler over for a 3-course fondue experience (minus the kids). Course 1: french bread and green apples dipped in cheddar cheese fondue. Course 2: beef, chicken, potatoes, and tempura vegetables (AKA batter-dipped) cooked in seasoned oil. Course 3: milk chocolate fondue with strawberries, pineapple, bananas, donuts, pretzels, and cream puffs. Oh...my. We were stuffed. I thought of our friends Rob and Jaime, with whom we started the fondue tradition (and who gave us our amazing Rival electric fondue pot). Now we've shared the gift of fondue with Joanna and Tyler.

And today was the big ultrasound day, which left Chad and I smiling. We celebrated with a late breakfast at Mimi's Cafe (when I took a bite of my favorite dish, Pain Perdu, Chad laughed and said I had that happy contented look where I wag my head back and forth without realizing it. If you haven't tried Mimi's Pain Perdu, it is the most delectable stuffed French toast ever invented). Then we stopped at a couple of stores and found Chad a some new shorts and a pair of jeans that we both agreed upon (jean-shopping has become the most painful thing Chad and I do together). And we ended the day with a viewing of the new Harry Potter movie, which we both liked, and agreed did a very decent job at including most, if not all, of the vital plot elements from the book. Now if I'm lucky, I'll get some time to myself tonight to watch last night's episode of the Bachelorette...

2 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

Boy, there's been a lot of excitement around your house lately. I'm glad you got to enjoy Wicked and I'm glad you are sharing the joys of fondue with others. Enjoy the Bachelorette. I think Wes is a pansy for not showing and I'm curious as to Reid's absence. Let me know what you think.

Frances Wallace said...

Jealous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...