Tuesday, July 28, 2009

He does talk...sort of

Mason has definitely been slower in the vocabulary department than Bree was, and whether it's because he's a boy or the second child, I'm not worried. But he's finally managing a few decipherable syllables. He has yet to end any words with consonants, but this is a start (somewhat in order of appearance):
dada
mama or mommy
daw (dog)
uh-oh
hi
bye bye
bee (Bree)
ba (ball)
bee boo (peek-a-boo)
wuzza(t) (what's that?)
mm hmm (as in the affirmative)
bi (bite)
dah doo (thank you)
pee (please)
szhoo (shoe)
poh poo (poo poo, he actually let me know once when his diaper was dirty)
nana (banana)
mou (mouse; the kids watch a lot of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)
wah (water)
So, while I'm not going to brag about his verbal skills to anyone, these words do help to make life a little easier. Mason is just about 18 months old, and I'm finally able to get through to the guy--get him to listen and do what I ask--and he's stopped the constant screaming (thank heaven!). I was getting worried there for a while!

4 comments:

Tina said...

That is so cute! I love your kids voices - they are so high and sweet!

Heather said...

Wow! We are so impressed. Last time we saw him, he wasn't saying anything! He's growing up so fast! We miss you guys!

Jaime Lynne said...

That video is fantastic. I love to see the interaction between the siblings. What will it be like to see another little guy thrown into the mix?! :)

Frances Wallace said...

Mason and Bree are two of the smartest children I know. Grandma says so! Love forever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...