Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Look what I found!

Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner (something which Chad is totally against; he doesn't think the elders need to be fed every single evening of their entire missions...go figure). I made Orange Chicken, which is probably in my top five favorite recipes. Anyway, later that evening I found this little sticky note on the bathroom mirror. Chad thought it was totally nerdy, but I, for one, really appreciated it. Even though they get fed dinner every night, they should still make an effort to show appreciation (which not all elders do equally well.) I thought it was cute.

When it was time for bed, I pulled back my covers to reveal this:
One of the kids' favorite activities is to play on our bed, and apparently someone had pulled back the comforter, spilled their animal crackers onto the sheet, and carefully replaced the comforter, without disturbing the pillows. I'm guessing that Bree was the mastermind behind this little prank.

3 comments:

Frances Wallace said...

Having the missionaries over is for you not them. You are sharing, setting an example to your children and building the spirit of the gospel in your home. Tell Chad I said so. Giggle, giggle.

Enjoy your bedtime snack Bree laid out for you.

Love,
Granny Franny

Jaime Lynne said...

The crackers are classic. She is adorable still!

I think the note from the Elders is sweet and thoughtful. Tell Chad he's just jealous of Elders who are fed delicious food by beautiful Megans because Africa probably had gross food and no Megans. :)

Adam said...

Our mission pres. encouraged us to that. He even gave leaving a not in the bathroom as a specific example.

As someone who served in Jersey, there are wards that feed missionaries and those who don't. As a missionary I felt more confident in the areas where the members fed us. We knew they supported us and the work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...