Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jack's Come-Back

My favorite milkshake, hands-down, is Jack in the Box's Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Shake, made with chocolate ice cream. Unfortunately (or fortunately for my waist-line) the Jack in the Box in Globe has long been known for it's terrible, slow service and runny shakes. Runny! A 30-minute wait for a runny shake! So, needless to say, I haven't been there for over a year, and I only get a delicious shake when I make the hour and a half trip to "town." Well, this evening I was running late to my friend Kenzie's baby shower (I remembered at the last minute that I hadn't finished sewing her nursing shawl), so I hadn't had dinner. When I dropped the kids off at Joanna's, she gave me a coupon for a Mini Sirloin Burger meal--something I would have never tried, especially considering my terrible opinion of our local Jack. But what do you know--it only took me 3 minutes to get my food in the drive-thru! And it was sooo delicious. Hot, fresh, and yummy. If you haven't tried a sirloin burger, mini or otherwise, you must. Forget the 941 calories (or 748 for 3 minis...and that's not including fries or drink). It's so worth it! And I haven't tried one yet myself, but Chad says the shakes are thick and awesome again (He sneaks them while at work. Some cops have donuts...). So yes, Jack's back.

2 comments:

Frances Wallace said...

You are pregnant! So cute!

Jaime Lynne said...

I am so totally in love with their Oreo Cookie shakes. I can't get enough. Here's to hoping that Jack in the Box has officially improved their service and quality of food.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...