Wednesday, May 13, 2009

9 Weeks

Tuesday I had my 2nd OB check-up, and since our regular babysitter (my mom) was busy, the whole family accompanied me to the office of Valley Women for Women in Gilbert. It was actually neat for Bree to see the ultrasound, even though a baby at 9 weeks is hardly anything to look at (I'm not even bothering to post a picture). Everything checked out fine, and the heartbeat was strong. I opted to leave the kids sqealing in the waiting room during my exam (we're a close family, but not that close). So far I've met one nurse practitioner and one doctor, and have been really impressed by both. They're very personal and thorough. This will be my third OB group since moving to Arizona--one for each pregnancy. I confess I'm really picky, and I'm hoping this one's a winner.

So at 9 weeks I'm often nauseated, and tired enough for a nap or two each day. I'm not motivated to do much of anything. But today I forced myself to go through my clothes and do some seasonal switching. Some people may have closets big enough to keep all seasons and sizes in there at one time, but I don't. And, even if I did, I'm not sure I'd want to, because when I'm not a size 8, it's really depressing to look at all those clothes that don't fit. And there's nothing worse than running late, trying to get dressed, and putting on stuff that you didn't realize doesn't fit anymore. So, since I've been eating constantly for the past 4 weeks to keep the nausea at bay, I've put on at least 5 pounds, and my tummy has pooched out. Away with the skinny clothes and out with the loose, stretchy, and maternity (oh, the good old days of first pregnancies, where you can wear normal clothes until 4 or 5 months!). One great thing about this method is that right now my closet is pretty bare, which means that I'll be needing to go shopping to fill the void. I have a tub full of winter maternity clothes, which won't be of any use to me until November, so I have some work to do.

All in all, we're really excited to be pregnant again. It's pretty low-key since it's our third, and we've got both a boy and girl already (counting blessings here!). Now we just have to worry about shuffling the kids around to fit us all into our 1200-square-foot 3 bedroom home (at least we have 2 full baths), and whether or not that third car seat will fit in the back seat of our truck...

3 comments:

Frances Wallace said...

I'm so excited! I know you. You've probably already started rearranging the bedrooms.

Tina said...

Hey Congrats! I am so excited for you guys!

Jaime Lynne said...

Congratulations again. We are happy for you... and happy that we are past nine weeks and done with pregnancy. *Sigh*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...