Sunday, April 5, 2009

I love it

General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was held yesterday and today. I can honestly say that I love Conference. I love to watch and hear the president of our church, Thomas S. Monson, and to feel his love as he speaks to this worldwide church. I love that I can lounge on the bed as I watch Conference via a live feed over the Internet. I love that my kids can be their disruptive selves, and I'm not worried that they're distracting anyone else at church. I love to take notes, listen for themes, and put little stars next to my favorite talks. I love the feeling of renewed commitment that I feel after listening to the guidance of my church leaders.

I loved Elder Hales' talk on provident living, and I'm rethinking that new minivan that we don't really need. I loved Elder Pearson's words on faith, and the 6 "D's" that reduce your "net faith", and I know that I sometimes fall prey to the first two: doubt and discouragement. I loved Elder Holland's talk on feeling alone, and how the Savior completely and utterly understands how that feels. I love Elder Bednar; he always succeeds in touching my heart, and today he motivated me to go to the temple more often. And even though today's world may be fraught with trials, President Monson's heart-wrenching stories made me realize that my trials are infinitesimal, and "The future is as bright as [my] faith."

3 comments:

Tina said...

Thanks for sharing some of your highlights. I loved it too!

Frances Wallace said...

I love going to Church in my pajamas!

Jaime Lynne said...

I love that you use such great spelling and grammar. I love that you have a blog. I love that we are friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...