Unfortunately I have no picture for these--they were way to yummy to pause for photos! I was so pleasantly surprised that the caramel stayed soft and delicious inside. Amy let me come over to her packed up/building-material-filled home for cookie day, which was great because I was greatly in need of some girl/chocolate time!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 package Rolos, unwrapped
1. Beat butter until creamy.
2. Gradually beat in white sugar and brown sugar.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
5. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well.
6. Using about a 1-inch ball of dough, press dough around a Rolo, being careful to cover it completely, especially the bottom so the caramel won't run out.
7. Place 2-inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 8 minutes in preheated 375°.
9. Let cool for 3-4 minutes before removing from baking sheet or caramel will run out the bottom of cookie.