Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Desert Museum

Chad and I have been waiting for the perfect time to use last year's Birthday gift from my parents: a visit to the Arizona Desert Museum.  The weather was beautiful, the animals were active, and I figured if we waited much longer, my belly would be too large to schlep around the grounds.  We saw tons of native reptiles, plants, birds (including minuscule hummingbirds nests), and other animals native to Arizona.  We saw out-of-staters wilting in the March heat, and I thought to myself, "You have no idea what hot is."  I saw bobcats (I can't believe I never realized that they're called that because their tails are so short--bobbed in fact), and a real-life mountain lion for the first time.  We had a really close view too!  And we weren't sure if the iguana crossing our path had escaped from an exhibit, but I've never seen one wandering in the wild.  Mason and Bree especially loved the indoor presentation where we saw several native animals walk across the table: a skunk, porcupine, ringtail, macaw, and a pelican (Arizona is very close to the north end of the Gulf of California).
It was an amazing day spent with my favorite people.
3/14/2011

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is a beautiful picture! I wish we could have been there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...