Sunday, November 1, 2009

Where'd you get their costumes?


Bree wanted to be a "pretty witch" for Halloween, so I figured I would make her costume so it would be exactly what she wanted, with the added bonus of it being sturdy enough to last. So I'm at the fabric store, looking at the costume material, which is all on sale, and I'm thinking I'm going to be a smart frugal mom doing the homemade costume thing. Oh no. I had to pick the most expensive material they had, and didn't realize how the yardage would add up until at the checkout. Oh well. I was really proud of how beautiful it turned out. And holy cow, was that hat difficult to make! On the up side, Mason's costume only cost me about $5, since my mom made the wig out of some craft fur, and I got the old clothes at Salvation Army for less than $1. So everyone loved Bree's beautiful dress, and when they asked me where I got it, I got to smile modestly and say, "I made it." (And hopefully she'll want to wear it again next year; I made it big enough on purpose!) But I have to say, that Mason got the majority of the smiles and laughs and "He is so cute," and "Did you see the little Frankenstein?"

6 comments:

Frances Wallace said...

Bree's dress is adorable and Mason is one "Scary" Frankenstein.

I love my grandchildren!!! I love my daughter-in-law and my son too!

See Mack Snow said...

Oh, Megan, you've done it again. Amazing costume, and Mason is adorable. I loved the "suck on sucker, put in bucket. Suck on another sucker (with wrapper on), offer to Mommy..."

Rachel said...

The kids look great! Good job Megan ;0) I wish all the kids were closer, but I def understand not wanting to be in vegas!!! Happy Halloween...

Tina said...

Way cute costumes! You have such cute kids.

Melissa said...

Good job Megan! Bree's dress is beautiful and they both look adorable!

The Wallace Family said...

SMILE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...