Monday, November 16, 2009

She's alive!

I think I'm almost 100% better. I had a nasty cold that knocked me out for a good week and a half. I'm just glad it wasn't the swine flu. But I'm finally feeling up to doing stuff again. Of course, the fact that I'm 36 weeks pregnant hinders my energy and mobility. I don't remember being this uncomfortable with Bree or Mason. I just feel huge. By the end of the day the skin on my belly aches constantly from the strain of supporting this baby when I'm in the vertical position. (I've almost gotten to the point where I'm ready to go into labor, except my parents are in London, so we'd have to make other arrangements for the kids, and I wouldn't want Chad, me, and the new baby to all have birthdays in the same week. So I guess I'll wait another week or two.)

But I have re-entered the land of the living: hosting preschool, attending voice lessons, and trying a couple new dinner recipes. And tomorrow Chad and I are spending the day in town without the kids to celebrate our birthdays this week (and go to my weekly OB appointment). We're going to do some shopping with the birthday money from our parents, and see the new Christmas Carol movie.

And speaking of movies...the Cinema here in Globe is opening this Friday!!! I am super-excited to have a theater that doesn't take over an hour to get to--this one's so close I could walk there! (Not that I would; see paragraph one.) Chad said I could go see New Moon on Saturday for my birthday. So now I get to treat myself to a solo-movie viewing (love going to the theater by myself!), AND my first-ever professional massage this Friday. It's a great year to be turning 28.

4 comments:

elise said...

i was thinking of you today. glad you're doing well (or at least better than you were). happy birthday too :) and good luck holding out for the last month or so!

Anonymous said...

I love to go to the movies by myself also. Sounds like you will have an awesome week. Have fun!!
Sydney

Heather said...

Adam told me you had a false alarm and I freaked out (with excitement/anticipation/worry)! So I immediately checked out your blog. I'm glad you're doing better. We are soooo excited to see you in a month, and with a new baby! Adam was just saying how excited he was to be an uncle again, for the 3rd time. Well, this is my first (being an actual aunt before the baby was born), and let me tell you...I can't wait! Have a fabulous birthday! We love you!

See Mack Snow said...

Yay! Have a Happy Birthday, Megan! I just sent you an email with the same message and then thought, Oh crap it's been a couple weeks since I read her blog, what if she had the baby and I didn't even know it??? Glad to hear you haven't, but I'm sorry your skin aches. That sounds unpleasant. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...