Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Surprise! Date Night

So Chad and I have been married 6 years now, and frankly, ever since moving to Arizona and having a kid, I've noticed that some of that "spark" has fizzled a little. Sometimes I try to make a special meal, or together we'll plan a trip to the valley for dinner and a movie. But last night Chad completely surprised me. I knew he was up to something when he had to go to the store by himself (something he never does), and he fixed breakfast, lunch and dinner, in addition to taking care of Bree all day while I relaxed. But that evening, I didn't even notice that he left, dropped Bree off with a babysitter, and brought our friends Sarah and Weston back with him for an evening of chocolate fondue and a movie. I was so surprised--especially because I know how much he hates to arrange for babysitters! We watched Failure to Launch, and I enjoyed not having to prepare or clean up any of the food. Chad knew that I've been going a little crazy lying around the house per my OB's orders these last couple weeks, and I can't express how much I appreciated the spontaneous fun evening. It may not have been a grand extravagant event, but it sure made my week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...