- A two-year-old who will cry from thirst and hunger. Do I give in and suffer the messy consequences, or listen to his pitiful crying?
- Mason repeating, "Don't need to barf, Mama," throwing up between words, and simultaneously pushing away from whatever barf receptacle you're offering.
- A sick four-year-old girl who is up half the night, but who makes you proud as she makes every effort to make it to the bathroom.
- Bree in the bathroom crying after accidentally messing her pants, saying, "It's all my fault," but who rallies admirably when I reassure her that it can happen to everyone (even adults) who gets the stomach flu.
- Me imagining I'm feeling the beginnings of stomach pains, and praying that I will escape it. And a house that smells sickeningly of Lysol.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
"My tummy hurts..."
Stomach flu with small children means: