Saturday, September 25, 2010

"My tummy hurts..."

Stomach flu with small children means:
  • A two-year-old who will cry from thirst and hunger.  Do I give in and suffer the messy consequences, or listen to his pitiful crying?
  • Mason repeating, "Don't need to barf, Mama," throwing up between words, and simultaneously pushing away from whatever barf receptacle you're offering.
  • A sick four-year-old girl who is up half the night, but who makes you proud as she makes every effort to make it to the bathroom.
  • Bree in the bathroom crying after accidentally messing her pants, saying, "It's all my fault," but who rallies admirably when I reassure her that it can happen to everyone (even adults) who gets the stomach flu.
  • Me imagining I'm feeling the beginnings of stomach pains, and praying that I will escape it.  And a house that smells sickeningly of Lysol.

5 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Oh, I'm sooooo sorry! Not to mention food at a time like this, but... we make your beef and broccoli lo mein tonight. Delicious!

Tina said...

Oh Man! Poor all of you! I really hope you don't get it too! Good luck! And may the flu bug leave quickly!

See Mack Snow said...

megan, you're a champ. bree and mason, too. oh, and chad...except he wasn't mentioned anywhere in the post, so...

Frances Wallace said...

The rules are no getting sick, no getting hurt. I'm so sad for all of you.

Jaime Lynne said...

I have yet to experience this and you are really freaking me out!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...