I'm a little behind...

I've been catching up on old posts, so make sure you scroll down.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Orange Cupcakes

I've been looking for new cupcake recipes to try, and I came across a recipe for orange cupcakes with gorgeous two-toned frosting.  I'm still working on the frosting skills, but I think they turned out really pretty.  The cake recipe itself was a little dry, but the frosting was delicious.  It's the same buttercream that I usually make, but with orange juice and orange extract in place of milk and vanilla:
Orange Frosting:

1 cup butter (substitute up to 1/2 cup shortening to keep frosting soft)
4 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tsp orange extract

Beat together until fluffy and smooth.

2 comments:

elise said...

i've done that before with orange extract and juice too :) i also love adding almond extract (or my sister just recommended half/half almodn and vanilla to give it a little surprise factor). the hard part for me is finding a relly good cupcake recipe, i don't generally like using regular cake batter as cupcakes, it always tends to seem dry to me :) good luck finding the perfect recipes!

Frances Wallace said...

I could be your tester. My son is so lucky.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...