Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Light Parade


Who says there's nothing to do in Globe? Okay, okay, that was me. However, there are some advantages to living in a small town, and one of them is the cute little light parade that anyone who feels the inclination can be a part of. So Amy and I took our kids downtown (I walked the 5 blocks to get there) to see all sorts of firetrucks, police vehicles, buggies, trailers, school bands, and dancers, all decked out in Christmas lights. A lot of the "floats" were representing a company, and advertised accordingly (Globe Cinema, which burned down 3 years ago, had a float with a sign: Theater coming in 2009!). And then there were a bunch of random people, like the guy on his lit-up bicycle who kept going back and forth. The highlight was definitely Santa at the end. Bree and Calan got so excited, and Bree was waving, and saying "Hi Santa! What're you doing? That's Santa, huh, that's Santa." (the video was rather dark and noisy, but you get the idea.) In the past I haven't been one to take the kids to these community things, because Chad's always working, and I have to take the kids myself. But Bree enjoyed it so much, that I'm sure I'll do it again next time.

3 comments:

Tina said...

That has to be the cutest video I've seen of her yet. I love how excited her little voice is!

The Wallace Family said...

Did any bands participate? They have a Christmas parade here too and the best part for me is the marching bands... of course I just love listening to marching bands though. The lights are fun too!

Frances Wallace said...

Has Bree gone to talk with Santa and tell him what she wants for Christmas? I think all my chrildren where afraid of him . I wish I was there to take her to sit in Santa's lap.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...