- We're moving! Chad has the go-ahead for an in-district transfer, so he'll be working the Fort McDowell/Fountain Hills area. That means we'll be moving to Mesa. So we're putting our house on the market, and as soon as we sell it Chad will start in his new area (the timeline is flexible, which is wonderful).
- Lincoln's first word is "Yeah," which he says as he claps after we prompt him by saying "Yay!" He's cruising all around, can stand independently for 4-5 seconds, is starting to imitate facial expressions, will force a little chuckle if people around him are laughing, and will give high-fives.
- Mason is obsessed with Lego Star wars. He gets dressed before I'm awake in the morning, and the second I come out of my room, he's asking to play Lego Star Wars on the XBox. He is constantly humming the soundtrack songs: the Main Title song, the Imperial March (Darth Vader's music), and the Cantina Band song (which was the one stuck in my head as I tried to sleep last night).
- Bree cannot stop crafting. She's constantly dipping into the stash of craft supplies (popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, gems, flowers), and combining them together with whatever paper, toilet paper rolls, and adhesive (elmer's glue, tape, even staples) she can get her hands on. The pile of finished projects can get a little out of control.
- Chad and I scrambling to get the house ready to sell. We've already done some major decluttering inside, and we've got plenty of sprucing up outside to do too (mostly weeding and painting). I've spent hours online, researching realtor possibilities and searching for comparable homes to price ours correctly (which is very difficult in our area). And I'm keeping my eyes on the Mesa housing market, watching as buyers quickly snag the many amazing deals. We are very excited to graduate to a larger home with a fourth bedroom and a garage. We just have to sell ours first!
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
This and That
So what's the news at our house lately?